Thursday, April 17, 2014

City of Light-Victorian mystery in my favorite city

I enjoyed the mystery and the characters in this book very much. I also enjoyed the historical information about the Eiffel Tower and the Paris Exposition. Even though I have been to the Eiffel Tower, I learned things about it in this book that I didn't know before. I did, however, find the topic of the mystery to be disturbing and not something I needed quite so much information on. I also agree with other reviewers that the editing needs to be better. I do enjoy this series and will keep reading them but they aren't as cozy as I usually prefer.

Would I pay money for it?Yes but with a little hesitation because of the topic
Would I read more by this author? Yes
Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes but again with a little hesitation.  Would depend on the friend.

Purchased as a freebie February 5, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment