Saturday, April 26, 2014

Life From Scratch-A pleasant way to pass some time

Life From Scratch by Melissa Ford

This is absolutely not a genre I read very often, chick-lit romance.  The reason I picked this one up was because I had just received my Kindle as a gift and this showed up on a freebie list.  So, I read it.

I was pleasantly surprised that I did enjoy the story.  The heroine has gone through a painful divorce and copes by learning to cook and blogging about it.  While this is what the story is based on, you won't learn much about cooking or blogging here. It definitely focuses on the relationship issues of Rachel and her best friend.  The writing is easy and crisp.

There's nothing deep or life-changing here, just a pleasant way to pass a few hours.  I was very happy with the ending.  It matches my sense of how life should work. 

While this is not a genre I will spend a lot of time in, I enjoyed this one.

Would I pay money for it?Yes
Would I read more by this author? Yes
Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes

Purchased as a freebie December 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment