Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's Nothing Personal by Sherry Gorman-The dark side of medical practice

It's Nothing Personal by Shery Gorman As a fan of Robin Cook, medical thrillers are a genre I've always enjoyed and It's Nothing Personal is a medical-legal thriller that kept me interested all the way to the end.There's more legal in it than I necessarily need but hey, that's just me.  It's the story of an anesthesiologist who is being sued for giving a patient Hep C because a drug-addicted tech in the OR stole some drugs and replaced them with drugs in dirty needles. Interesting and timely premise. Having had surgery shortly before I read this, it certainly makes one think.

I believe this is the first novel from this author and it shows a lot of promise. I found the characters to be well-drawn and easy to relate to. I like seeing families that aren't completely dysfunctional.


There were a few passages that were overly technical on either the legal or medical side. There was a little too much crying. There was a little too much back-and-forth over whether this would go to trial or settle. All that aside, I did find myself wanting to find out what happens next and I read this in two sittings. It was a pleasurable read and I'll be looking forward to more from this author.

More about Sherry Gorman

Would I pay money for it? A reasonable amount
Would I read more by this author? Yes
Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes

Purchased as a Kindle freebie May 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment