Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The One You Love by Paul Pilkington-Definitely not one I loved!

The One You Love by Paul Pilkington-Definitely not one I loved!

I love mysteries and thrillers but there was nothing thrilling about this story. I gave it the 40% try and then gave up on it. The dialogue was as stilted as I've ever seen in a published work and it sounded like an assignment for high school creative writing class. That's just something I can't get by.  When the dialogue is that unrealistic, the characters feel unreal and plastic.  The plot line was also uninspired and as it went on, I just really didn't care about anyone or anything happening in the book.  I definitely won't be reading anything more from this series.

Would I pay money for it? No
Would I read more by this author? No
Would I recommend this to a friend? No

Purchased as a Kindle freebie February 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment